Just a reminder that we’ll be announcing the recipient of the Trane Heat Pump this coming Friday (9-23-11) at 3:00 pm…we’ll announce it on Facebook first, and then on the blog. See you then!
Archive for the ‘Summer of Care’ Category
Here’s another friendly reminder that you have less than a month to send your nominations in! As always, please send a letter, being as specific as possible, letting us know about the family you’re nominating. You can either e-mail the letter to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to us at PO Box 1905, Boone, NC 28607
Keep ‘em coming!
Just a friendly reminder that there is roughly one month left to get your nominations in for yourself or a family that is in need of a heat pump. You can either write a letter to email@example.com or PO Box 1905, Boone, NC 28607
Since we announced our Summer of Care program we’ve had a few questions about how to nominate a family. So, I thought it would be easiest to provide a list format to help make it more understandable.
1. Write a letter about yourself or the family you’re nominating explaining why your nominating yourself or the family. Please provide current information about the family, why they could use the Trane Heat Pump, and give us some background.
2. Send the letter to:
Mountaineer Heating and Cooling
Summer of Care Program
PO Box 1905
Boone, NC 28607
Or e-mail your letter to:
3. Once all the letters of nomination have been received by September 9th, 2011. Our decision panel will take two weeks to read each entry thoroughly and discuss. Once we have selected the recipient we will notify them by September 23rd, 2011.
That’s all! Please let me know if you have any questions, as I would be more than happy to answer them for you!
Happy Summer, Everyone!
Today not only marks the official First Day of Summer but it also marks the first day of our Summer of Care program! We’re so excited about this opportunity to serve our community, and we’re thrilled that you get to be a part as well. There’s nothing like a community coming together to serve our neighbors in need. We’re in the process of creating a video with essential information for the Summer of Care program so be on the lookout for that. We’ll see you soon!!
It’s finally time to let you in on our big announcement! I must say it’s been quite the job keeping this secret for so long. There have been many times I’ve wanted to just give in to the pressure, and tell it, but I’m glad I didn’t! I’m so excited to finally let you know what we’ve been working on, so without further delay here’s a letter from Dustin and myself…
Over the years Mountaineer Heating and Cooling has made it a priority to give back to our High Country community. This summer, we have decided to take it to the next level. I would like to announce that today begins Mountaineer Heating and Cooling’s Summer of Care 2011!
Did you know that during the winter of 2010-2011, over 10,000 North Carolinians did not have an adequate heating system for their home? Were that statisic not true, it would be almost unbelievable! In this age of technology, over 10,000 of our friends and neighbors without heat!
Mountaineer Heating and Cooling, along with Trane, has decided to do something about this and we want your help! This is your chance to make a difference in someone’s life. This is your chance to help your neighbor in a very tangible way.
Simply put, Mountaineer Heating and Cooling and Trane, are going to provide one needy family with a reliable, efficient way to heat their home this winter. Along with your help, we’re going to provide this needy family with warm, dependable, Trane heat from a Trane Heat Pump System.
Now, here’s what we need you to do:
1. Nominate a needy family. We ask that you send us a letter, either and e-mail or a regular letter, detailing why this family should receive a Trane Heat Pump System. Make the letter as long or as short as you would like, but please take the time to help us know why this family should receive the Trane Heat Pump System. Also, keep in mind that the family you nominate should live in a house that they own. Due to physical limitations we cannot accept families that live in multi-family dwellings or rented homes, etc.
2. We will receive nomination letters through Friday, September 9th, 2011.
3. On Friday, September 23rd, 2011, we will announce the recipient of the Trane Heat Pump System, and make plans to install it for them.
4. The entire program, Mountaineer Heating and Cooling’s Summer of Care, will be posted on our Facebook page, so check there for details and to follow us through the summer.
5. Feel free to nominate as many families as you wish.
6. If you have any questions at all feel free to call us or drop us an e-mail.
Here’s where to send your nominations:
Regular Mail: Mountaineer Heating and Cooling’s Summer of Care 2011
PO Box 1905, Boone, NC 28607
Let’s make this a GREAT Summer of Care! We can’t wait to see your nominations!
Dustin Petrey, Molly Petrey, and the entire Mountaineer Heating and Cooling Family